pm template - Project Management - Theory and Practice

marisa

7 Apr 2020, 1:57pm
Hi :-)

I am looking for a good template for managing projects and tasks. I have a lot of small projects I manage and want to find someting simple and not complicated.

If anyone can help me, thanks!

paul_projects

8 Apr 2020, 4:42pm
If we are talking aboult true project management - I'd recommend you - don't use Excel!!! It's not designed for these things. You would better use Microsoft Project or any other cheaper (there are even free ones) version eg Turboproject.

In general each project is different so templates usually aren't very helpful. It's better to get used to thinking in terms of a Work Breakdown Structure. Let's think of all the things you need to deliver, what needs to be delivered in order to deliver them... Then build your plan around this pattern.

decor_sam

8 Apr 2020, 9:42pm
"A template for managing projects and tasks" is so generic a requirement. That's like saying "A template for doing stuff."

What do you mean, exactly?

marisa

9 Apr 2020, 9:32am
Thanks for the replies. Yes, a template for "doing stuff" is exactly what I am talking about, which is what I do, stuff. I'll stick to to do lists

paul_projects

9 Apr 2020, 10:00am
Try www.allpm.com, they have several free templates for download, you may find what you're looking for.
Manage your Projects,
Team and Documents online!